Right Click

• Hi Team

i installed the newest Raspios  (RasPad3)

sudo apt install build-essential libevdev2 libevdev-dev -y
    git clone 'https://github.com/PeterCxy/evdev-right-click-emulation.git'
    cd 'evdev-right-click-emulation'

this worked fine til 

pi@raspberrypi:~/evdev-right-click-emulation $ make all
    gcc -Wall -std=c11 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -levdev -I/usr/include/libevdev-1.0                                                                                                                                -c uinput.c -o out/uinput.o
    gcc -Wall -std=c11 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -levdev -I/usr/include/libevdev-1.0                                                                                                                                -c input.c -o out/input.o
    gcc -Wall -std=c11 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -levdev -I/usr/include/libevdev-1.0                                                                                                                                -c rce.c -o out/rce.o
    gcc -Wall -std=c11 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -levdev -I/usr/include/libevdev-1.0                                                                                                                                out/uinput.o out/input.o out/rce.o -o out/evdev-rce
    /usr/bin/ld: out/uinput.o: in function `uinput_initialize':
    uinput.c:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `libevdev_new'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `libevdev_set_name'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `libevdev_enable_even                                                                                                                               t_type'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference to `libevdev_enable_even                                                                                                                               t_code'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0x58): undefined reference to `libevdev_uinput_crea                                                                                                                               te_from_device'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0x74): undefined reference to `libevdev_free'
    /usr/bin/ld: out/uinput.o: in function `uinput_send_right_click':
    uinput.c:(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to `libevdev_uinput_write_event'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `libevdev_uinput_writ                                                                                                                               e_event'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0xd8): undefined reference to `libevdev_uinput_writ                                                                                                                               e_event'
    /usr/bin/ld: uinput.c:(.text+0xec): undefined reference to `libevdev_uinput_writ                                                                                                                               e_event'
    /usr/bin/ld: out/input.o: in function `free_evdev':
    input.c:(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `libevdev_get_fd'
    /usr/bin/ld: input.c:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `libevdev_free'
    /usr/bin/ld: out/input.o: in function `build_fd_set':
    input.c:(.text+0x110): undefined reference to `libevdev_get_fd'
    /usr/bin/ld: out/input.o: in function `process_evdev_input':
    input.c:(.text+0x578): undefined reference to `libevdev_get_fd'
    /usr/bin/ld: input.c:(.text+0x5bc): undefined reference to `libevdev_get_fd'
    /usr/bin/ld: input.c:(.text+0x620): undefined reference to `libevdev_next_event'
    /usr/bin/ld: input.c:(.text+0x6a8): undefined reference to `libevdev_uinput_dest                                                                                                                               roy'
    /usr/bin/ld: out/rce.o: in function `find_evdev':
    rce.c:(.text+0x1a4): undefined reference to `libevdev_new_from_fd'
    /usr/bin/ld: rce.c:(.text+0x1f4): undefined reference to `libevdev_has_event_typ                                                                                                                               e'
    /usr/bin/ld: rce.c:(.text+0x210): undefined reference to `libevdev_has_event_typ                                                                                                                               e'
    /usr/bin/ld: rce.c:(.text+0x230): undefined reference to `libevdev_has_event_cod                                                                                                                               e'
    /usr/bin/ld: rce.c:(.text+0x250): undefined reference to `libevdev_has_event_cod                                                                                                                               e'
    /usr/bin/ld: rce.c:(.text+0x268): undefined reference to `libevdev_get_name'
    /usr/bin/ld: rce.c:(.text+0x344): undefined reference to `libevdev_free'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [Makefile:19: out/evdev-rce] Error 1

greetings MaX

• You would need to contact PeterCxy about his script as its impossible to support third party scripts, and its not a hardware issue but a problem with that script.

• @M L 

Our opinion is the same as @CerberusStyle .
    You can leave a message under PeterCxy's github.

• I ran into the same problem. The code worked fine with the last version of Raspberry OS, but when I upgraded to "Bullseye" I get the same error as @M L. I posted the issue at PeterCyx's github to see if there is a resolution. While looking for some help, I found a program called Touchegg which provides not just right click emulation but lots of support for other gestures. You can create your own gestures also. Here is the link: https://github.com/JoseExposito/touchegg

• @Brian Piper I ran into the same problem. The code worked fine with the last version of Raspberry OS, but when I upgraded to "Bullseye" I get the same error as @M L. I posted the issue at PeterCyx's github to see if there is a resolution. While looking for some help, I found a program called Touchegg which provides not just right click emulation but lots of support for other gestures. You can create your own gestures also. Here is the link: https://github.com/JoseExposito/touchegg slope game

This worked! Thanks for the help!

• @Evon Jay glad it worked! Now on to trying to quiet the fan noise

• Thanks for sharing this informative and amazing post here. I found it very interesting and enjoy reading this blog. Will wait for more posts.

• @Brian Piper I ran into the same problem. The code worked fine with the last version of Raspberry OS, but when I upgraded to "Bullseye" I get the same error as @M L. I posted the issue at PeterCyx's github to see if there is a resolution. While looking for some help, I found a program called Touchegg which provides not just right click emulation but lots of support for other gestures. You can create your own gestures also. Here is the link: https://github.com/JoseExposito/touchegg You can buy instagram followers to quickly gain their number.

Thanks, i ran into similar issue, and your advice help me to fix it. Now everything is works perfectly.

• New Fan

Hello there is a solution
    https://github.com/PeterCxy/evdev-right-click-emulation/pull/5
    change the following entries in the make file 
    - CFLAGS := $(XFLAGS) $(LIBRARIES) $(INCLUDES)
    + CFLAGS := $(XFLAGS) $(INCLUDES)

- $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $^ -o $@
    + $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $^ $(LIBRARIES) -o $@
    furthermore I want to show you my new fan. It is not perfect yet but no comparison to the siren of the original.

Greeting MaX

• @Brian Piper This worked! Thanks for the help!octordle