Raspad Auto Rotator not working or resetting

• Hi team!

I am setting up my Raspad with Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye (64-bit) and trying to set up the auto-rotator. I did have this working well on the same device with Raspberry Pi OS buster (32-bit).

I followed the instructions at https://docs.raspad.com/en/latest/install_rotating_screen_service.html and the `install.py` script ran without any errors, but the auto-rotate did not start working or prompt me to reboot.

I tried rebotting and rotated the screen slowly as per the directions, but when I run `raspad-auto-rotator reset` I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/bin/raspad-auto-rotator", line 15, in <module>
        sensor = Sh3001(db=CONFIG_FILE)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/sh3001-0.0.1-py3.9.egg/sh3001/sh3001.py", line 391, in __init__
        super().__init__()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/sh3001-0.0.1-py3.9.egg/sh3001/i2c.py", line 12, in __init__
        self._smbus = SMBus(self._bus)
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I get the same error when trying to run the `debug` command as well. When I looked at `~/.raspad-auto-rotator/config`, there is nothing there. I'm not sure if an error handler is missed in the `install.py` or if I have something set up wrong.

Other parts of setting up are going very smoothly. I tend to use the Raspad in portrait view when reading blogs and would like to still use it that way.

• @Travis Southard 

It may be that i2c is not turned on or the device is not detected.

sudo raspi-config

Then choose 3 Interfacing Options → P5 I2C → <YES> →OK to enable I2C service. You can use the up, down, left, and right keys on the keyboard to select, and then press Enter to confirm.

• @Travis Southard 

This is the command to detect i2c devices

sudo i2cdetect -y 1

• @RasPad Support Thank you for the quick response! I will try that tonight and let you know if that was it.

If that is the problem, it would be helpful for me (and likely for others) if the package scripts threw an error if i2c is disabled. 

• I did enable the i2c in Preferences > Raspi Config and that helped tremendously and it's working well now.